Front End Design and Development
The Starfast Code Front End Design and Development certificate program is your onramp to a career in web design.
You will learn:
- Programming with HTML and CSS
- Development tools: Command line, Git, Github, Sass
- Design Principles
- Content Management Systems: Wordpress
Many individuals, businesses, government agencies, and institutions in the central New York region are seeking web developers. Our program prepares graduates for careers such as:
- Front End Designer
- Front End Developer
- User Interface Designer
- Web Producer
- Learn graphic design principles, page layout strategies, and web typography.
- Learn how to make a responsive website (mobile, tablet, and desktop-friendly)
- Learn how to use the most popular content management system (Wordpress)
- Design and develop your own portfolio site
Section 1: HTML, CSS, Bootstrap
Week 1 - HTML and CSS
Week 2 - intro to design: Graphic design principles and page layout
Week 3 - frameworks, Responsive web design and bootstrap
Section 3: user-interface and experience Design
Week 7 - Photoshop, user-interface and experience basics
Week 8 - Color, Grid, Visual Hierarchy, Responsive Design
Week 9 - rapid prototyping user-experiences
Section 4: Wordpress
Week 10 - Wordpress
Week 11 - Intermediate Wordpress
Week 12 - Advanced Wordpress
Final project: Portfolio site, featuring all of your Startfast Code projects.
Please note: This is a new curriculum developed exclusively by StartFast Code. To complete it in 12-weeks requires participation in two 3-hour classes per week plus approximately 10-15 hours per week of project work outside of class.
Location: Syracuse Coworks, 201 E. Jefferson Street, Syracuse, New York
Next Starting Date: June 5, 2017
Time: Monday and Wednesday evenings, 5pm - 8pm
Class Size: Strictly limited to ensure individual attention
- a facility where students can work individually and together.
- up to 6 hours per week of instructor-led class time for 12 weeks.
- encouragement to stay on track and making progress toward your goals,
- Certificate of Achievement,
- Optional involvement with real startup companies and area employers,
- Assistance with job placement, or starting your own freelance practice or startup company.
How much does it cost?
12-weeks costs $3,000.
How much can I learn in 12 weeks?
A lot! But it depends upon you. Your prior knowledge, work-ethic, aptitude and time committed to coding projects all matter.
When and Where are Classes?
Front-end Design & Development classes take place Monday and Wednesday evenings from 5pm to 8pm at Syracuse Coworks, 201 E. Jefferson Street, Syracuse, New York.