Each StartFast Code cohort is 12 weeks in length and designed to mentor you into a professional developer at an entry level. You learn by doing, gaining project experience, a code portfolio, and possibly even a resume reference.
Learning to code takes commitment, and it's not for everyone. If you're not sure that coding is for you, try some self-taught online classes. For example, you can sign up for free at http://www.freecodecamp.com. We'll ask you about your experiences during your interview.
What You'll Learn
- You'll gain the skills necessary to be a professional developer at the entry level.
- You'll learn by doing, completing development projects.
- You'll learn to work effectively on a team.
- You'll learn to how to estimate and submit a professional proposal.
- You'll learn how to keep learning, becoming more valuable over time.
How Does it work?
- Students participate in a 12-week bootcamp where they can immerse themselves in the subject matter with a cohort of likewise focused individuals. There is great value in this kind of shared experience.
- Students provide their own computer equipment.
- You will learn by doing, working at your own pace, through an online curriculum of your choice:
- Front-end development
- Data visualization
- Back-end development, or
- Full Stack consisting of all three of the above modules.
- Coworking space provided, but you can work/learn wherever you have internet access.
- Five days a week, three hours per day, one or more instructors will be available to answer questions and provide help. These class times are also when your progress will be shared and mentoring is provided.
- The curriculum is available before, during and after the course to allow students to continue their education.
- a facility where students can work individually and together.
- up to 15 hours per week of instructor-led class time for 12 weeks.
- encouragement to stay on track and making progress toward your goals,
- Certificates of Achievement upon completion of each module,
- Optional involvement with real startup companies and area employers,
- Assistance with job placement, or starting your own freelance practice or startup company.
How much does it cost?
12-weeks costs $5,000.
How much can I learn in 12 weeks?
A lot! But it depends upon you. Your prior knowledge, work-ethic, aptitude and time committed to coding projects all matter.
When and Where are Classes?
StartFast Code classes take place Monday through Friday evenings from 5:30pm to 8:30pm at Syracuse CoWorks, 201 Jefferson Street, Syracuse, New York 13202.