StartFast Code is one of the least expensive, high-quality bootcamps in the country. At $5,000 for 12 weeks, StartFast Code costs about 1/3 what other bootcamps charge. Nonetheless, it's still a big chunk of cash for most people. Here's how you can make it affordable:
- Our flexible evening schedule means that you can continue to work while taking the course.
- We offer an interest-free payment plan. After the enrollment deposit of $500, pay only $1,500 per month for three months.
- You can use a low-interest personal loan or credit card from a credit union (e.g. AmeriCU) for part or all of your tuition.
- You may prefer to use an alternative credit provider (e.g. https://www.upstart.com/).
- You can crowd-fund your bootcamp (e.g. https://www.gofundme.com/).
- You can ask for help (loans or gifts) from friends and family.
- You can (like many of our students) take on freelance work during the course.
- You can combine any or all of these methods together.
With all the options available above, it's highly likely that anyone CAN afford to enroll in StartFast Code. Some may worry about going into debt, even with friends and family, to do a course. It might help to consider the financial returns.
After StartFast Code, you'll be qualified as a professional junior web developer. The average starting salary for this position is $78,000 per year which is $1,500 per week (about $1,125 after income tax). If you're currently making $52,000 per year ($1,000 per week and about $750 after tax), you'll have an extra $375 per week after tax. If you borrowed the entire $5,000, and only use the extra income to pay off your loans, you'd be 100% free of the debt in less than 4 months. Your numbers may be different, but the same principles apply.
About 80% of our students are earning from coding even before they finish the course. Of course it might take you a few to several months to get that new job, and you're accruing interest on your loan in the mean time. We've already included that interest into the calculation above. In the long run, those months won't matter, as the increased income you earn will continue for the rest of your working life.
Once you've paid off any loan, that net additional $375 per week is a return that keeps on giving back. It adds up to an extra $19,500 per year after tax. That's 390% of the $5,000 investment. What other investment can return you almost 4x your investment EVERY YEAR OF YOUR FUTURE WORKING LIFE? The answer is none. There simply is no better investment than investing in yourself. If you enjoy computers, like to create and have the aptitude to code, then giving yourself StartFast Code might be the best investment you'll ever make.